Sunday, April 1, 2018

Let's go to CDMX

Introduction

My favorite band is The Killers.  I love seeing them live.  We saw them at the Governor's  Ball festival in NY in 2015; and, in 2017, at ACL Fest in Austin, and Voodoo Fest in New Orleans. Having never seen them in a non-festival setting, I was sad to miss seeing them in Houston, close to home, on my birthday because of a planned birthday trip to Hawaii  (yes, I know, tiny violins).  So I decided to "give" my husband a trip to Mexico City, a place he's always wanted to visit, for Christmas.  And it just so happened to coincide with when The Killers would be there!

At first, we were only going for a long weekend but, because the trip to Hawaii had to be cancelled, we added three days to CDMX.  And because the trip to Hawaii was cancelled, this girl got to be up close and personal with her favorite band for her birthday! I was sad not to be in Hawaii but seeing The Killers in Houston, TX was the best concert experience ever!  We were in the pit in a very small capacity venue (7000) and so close to Brandon, I could see him sweat! Awesome!





We knew we wouldn't be that close at Foro Sol in Mexico City! (capacity 70,000)

The CDMX agenda:

2 April to 8 April, 2018

Museums, parks, Teotihuacan, churches, The Killers, great food, markets.

Hotel: Hilton Mexico City Reforma

Guide books: Jim Johnson's Opinionated Guide; DC Top 10.  We bought a city map there.

I speak fluent Spanish and was looking forward to interacting with the locals.

Spoiler Alert:  It was a great trip! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Walking in Condessa and Roma

Day 6: 7 April: My Toms were good for 10 of 11 miles This was our last sightseeing day and we decided to take the Jim Johnson walks in Con...